Minwax®Performance Series Fast-Dry sanding sealer creates a smooth finish that builds to partially fill the grain.
- Penetrates and helps seal bare wood for a smoother finish.
- Quick dry allowing for sealing and varnishing in just one day.
- Topcoat in 2 hours with most clear solvent-based alkyd varnishes.
- Optimized to work with oil-based varnishes.
|Location:||interior wood surfaces|
|重新透析：||no recoat needed|
|Cleanup:||mineral spirits or paint thinner|
|Coverage:||Approximately 100 sq. ft. per qt.|
|VOC Content:||<550 g/L; 4.52 lb/ gal|
|Recommended Uses:||woodwork, cabinets, furniture, interior doors, accessories, not recommended for floors or under polyurethane finishes|
FOR INTERIOR USE ONLY.
WARNING!Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
FOR WOOD PROJECTS SURFACE PREPARATION:
- Use on bare wood or over itself; wood should be cleaned of all dirt, grease, wax, polish, marks, and old finishes in poor condition.
- If needed, lightly sand wood to a smooth surface using 100–120 grit sandpaper. If wood is stained, sand carefully to avoid sanding through the color.
- New wood should be stored inside for a minimum of 24 hours prior to staining. Stains and varnishes applied to wood that has not been dried thoroughly can exhibit blotching, discoloration or cracking.
- Apply without thinning, using brush or spray to ensure maximum film build and uniform sealing. Brush out evenly. Avoid unnecessary brushing into already coated areas that have become tacky.
- Allow to dry 1 hour, then sand with 180 grit sandpaper or finer. Although not as effective as sandpaper, steel wool and synthetic abrasive pads may be used for very light sanding.
- Remove all sanding dust with a tack cloth or vacuum.
- Finish with one or two coats of Minwax® Performance Series Fast-Dry Varnish.
- Do not use on floors or under polyurethane finishes.
- Use mineral spirits or paint thinner.
- Follow manufacturer's safety recommendations when using solvents.
CAUTIONS CONTAINS ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS.
Contents areFLAMMABLE.Vapors may cause flash fires. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. During use and until all vapors are gone: Keep area ventilated. Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames, pilot lights, and heaters. Turn off stoves, electric tools and appliances, and any other sources of ignition.
VAPOR HARMFUL.Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
急救：In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE.包含溶剂会导致烫anent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
WARNING:This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
DANGER:Rags, steel wool, other waste soaked with this product and sanding residue may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately place rags, steel wool, other wasted soaked with this product and sanding residue in a sealed, water-filled, metal container. Dispose of in accordance with local fire regulations. For information on disposal of leftover material, contact your local waste disposal agency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wood can vary in color and pore structure even within the same species. Because every piece of wood is unique, final stain color may vary. While our samples are tested for accuracy, it is always best to first test Minwax® Wood Finish™ on a small, inconspicuous area on the project.